TEL and Pedagogy Mentor Training
Technology Enhanced Learning (TEL) and Pedagogy Mentor Training
The Further Education Support Service has put together a three-day intensive professional learning opportunity that has been designed for the ETBs.
The purpose is to train and support potential TEL & pedagogy mentors, and those in leadership roles within the ETBs, to implement and embed a TEL & Pedagogy Mentoring Model within their ETB and FET Colleges/Centres.
The three-day course will include learning and sharing from two years of a highly successful CDETB TEL & Pedagogy Mentoring Programme that followed the completion of a two year TELMS Erasmus+ project. https://telms.eu/
The sessions over the three days will include:
- Identifying our own digital capabilities
- Training on the mentoring model including the mentoring process and administration; and how it can be adapted to suit specific centres/colleges
- A deep dive into exploring the rationale of implementing a mentoring model
- Exploring the role, characteristics and traits of a TEL & Pedagogy Mentor
- Critically examining approaches to setting learning intentions, success criteria, assessment and feedback
- Taking a closer look at accessibility and inclusion
- The challenges and opportunities of the team teach, including classroom-based reflections
- Problem solving issues that may arise
- Specific training in a number of TEL tools
- Demonstration of sample TEL lessons
- Ongoing management and administration of the TEL & Pedagogy Mentoring Programme
- Focus on future steps and planning to implement the model in your own ETB/Centre
Each ETB can nominate and send up to three people; two potential TEL mentors (ideally practicing teachers) who will be accompanied by one member of senior management who has the capacity to put this mentoring model in place and resource it.
All attendees should be available to attend all three days.
Pre booking is essential. Places not taken up by ETBs by the deadline date of 13th April 2020 will be distributed to other ETBs who have requested additional places.
The day will be hosted by FESS and facilitated by CDETB (Carrie Archer, Marino College & Suzanne Yarker, Pearse College).
Please note: Any amendments to a booking should be made to email@example.com.
Monday, 27th April 2020
Athlone Education Centre