Building Capacity for the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) in FET (Online, March 2023)
This Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) online professional development event will build on the RPL event delivered as part of the FESS PD calendar in September 2022. However, it is not necessary to have attended this previous event.
This event will commence with a very brief outline of the RPL process. We will then explore the two key roles of
- RPL mentor
- RPL assessor
This practical and interactive event will:
• discuss the induction session for RPL applicants
• demonstrate how the award specification and learning outcomes inform the summative assessment evidence
• look at reviewing evidence – is it sufficient? is it authentic?
• consider the importance of the professional conversation / dialogue between the mentor and the RPL applicant
• look at reviewing the completed portfolio
• demonstrate how to prepare and use an assessment rubric to grade a portfolio
• explore the grading of each learning outcome
During this session we will make reference to the SOLAS – funded FET RPL Toolkit for Education and Training Providers developed by Donegal ETB and Limerick & Clare ETB
The target audience for this event is: FET staff including teachers, tutors, trainers, programme co-ordinators who have a role or interest in implementing RPL.
Facilitation: This event will be facilitated by Martina Needham. Martina has worked in Adult and Further Education for more than 20 years. She was Adult Education Officer and Basic Education Coordinator with Donegal Education and Training Board until her recent retirement. She has significant experience in programme development and recognition of prior learning. She has delivered workshops in Ireland and Europe and has recently completed a Level 9 Special Purpose Award in Recognition of Prior Learning. Martina is an RPL practitioner and was a member of the RPL Practitioner Network National Steering Group. Martina is a strong advocate of lifelong learning and social inclusion.
Please note: Pre-booking is essential. Please do not book onto this session unless you are sure that you will attend / have approval to attend (if required). If an emergency arises, please inform us ASAP (firstname.lastname@example.org) as we operate a waiting list system and if time allows we can offer your booked place to another person.
|Event End Date
|Cut off date
|Online (Link to event will be e-mailed)