An Introduction to Teaching Learners from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Backgrounds in FET Contexts (Online, September 2022)
This online interactive session will explore a range of barriers and enablers to participation in FET for learners from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and will provide an overview of key concepts related to learning through a second language which are relevant to the FET practitioner.
This session will:
- Explore barriers and enablers to participation
- Provide an overview of culturally relevant/sustaining pedagogies and explore their application in the FET context
- Provide an overview of cognitive academic linguistic proficiency (CALP) and its significance for teaching and learning across FET
- Explore practical approaches to the development of learners’ cognitive academic linguistic proficiency in FET
- Provide participants with opportunities to share practice
The target audience for this event is: FET Practitioners including teachers, tutors, trainers and instructors. This session may also be of interest to centre managers, programme co-ordinators and curriculum/programme designers.
Facilitation: Lorraine Downey, FET Development Officer, CDETB.
Please note: Pre-booking is essential. Please do not book onto this session unless you are sure that you will attend / have approval to attend (if required). If an emergency arises, please inform us ASAP (email@example.com) as we operate a waiting list system and if time allows, we can offer your booked place to another person.
|Event Date||21-09-2022 10:00|
|Event End Date||21-09-2022 12:00|
|Cut off date||20-09-2022 9:00|
|Location||Online (Link to event will be e-mailed)|