Recognition of Prior Learning: An Emerging Provision in FET (Online, September 2022)
This new online event aims to assist FET staff to prepare guidance and assessment documents to support RPL applicants structure a portfolio of evidence for summative assessment against national standards. This is an interactive event where participants will be provided with information, have the opportunity to engage in discussion and participate in a workshop to support the implementation of the RPL process.
This practical session will:
- Provide an overview of the key roles in the RPL process
- Demonstrate how learning outcomes can be used to support RPL candidates to reflect on their knowledge, skills, competence and the level of their learning
- Include practical steps in using learning outcomes to devise summative assessment tasks
- Discuss the importance of a professional conversation / dialogue with RPL applicants
- Provide participants with the opportunity to write an RPL summative assessment task
- Discuss the integrity of the assessment process and how an assessment rubric will ensure a consistent approach to assessment and grading
During this session reference will be made to the SOLAS – funded FET RPL Toolkit for Education and Training Providers developed by Donegal ETB and Limerick & Clare ETB and launched in 2022.
Learning together in this event will explore practical steps to offering and implementing the RPL process in FET.
The target audience for this event is: FET staff including teachers, tutors, trainers, programme co-ordinators who have a role or interest in implementing RPL.
Facilitation: This event will be facilitated by Martina Needham. Martina has worked in Adult and Further Education for more than 20 years. She was Adult Education Officer and Basic Education Coordinator with Donegal Education and Training Board until her recent retirement. She has significant experience in programme development and recognition of prior learning. She has delivered workshops in Ireland and Europe and has recently completed a Level 9 Special Purpose Award in Recognition of Prior Learning. Martina is an RPL practitioner and was a member of the RPL Practitioner Network National Steering Group. Martina is a strong advocate of lifelong learning and social inclusion.
Please note: Pre-booking is essential. Please do not book onto this session unless you are sure that you will attend / have approval to attend (if required). If an emergency arises, please inform us ASAP (firstname.lastname@example.org) as we operate a waiting list system and if time allows we can offer your booked place to another person.
|Event Date||20-09-2022 10:00|
|Event End Date||20-09-2022 12:00|
|Cut off date||19-09-2022 9:00|
|Location||Online (Link to event will be e-mailed)|