Reimagining your Course – The move to Blended Learning (Ongoing)
Participants will initially undertake three asynchronous online sessions in their own time and it is expected that each session will take up to 30 minutes. Once the three asynchronous sessions are completed the fourth session, the live online event, will be offered, subject to demand. The dates used on the website are for coding purposes only. You can complete the first three online sessions whenever you wish.
The three sessions are as follows:
1. Reflecting on Covid-19 - Where we came from and where we might go?
2. Blended Learning - What might it look like in your context?
3. Designing Blended Learning - The Foundations of Learning Design
These three sessions will be followed by a fourth session – a live online reimaging workshop. The goal of the workshop is that participants will have a process and a structure by which they can design blended learning that meets their learners’ needs.
Please note: once you have completed the asynchronous material, you will be required to register your interest in the live online workshop. Details regarding this will be e-mailed to you.
This live online workshop will be available to FET practitioners that have completed the previous 3 asynchronous sessions. It is expected that participants will have had time to reflect and begin planning their learning designs in advance of the live workshop. This session will take place on Zoom and will be between 90 and 120 minutes. The live online workshop will:
• focus on designing a blended learning approach for a programme, module or a centre
• be discussion based and it will use elements of the ABC Learning Framework, Microsoft 21 CLD materials and other appropriate tools
• facilitate discussion and sharing of participants’ designs
The live workshop will be offered to groups of no more than 60 participants.
Target audience: FET practitioners including course co-ordinators, teachers, trainers, tutors involved in the delivery of blended programmes
Facilitators: Dr. Michael Hallisey, H2 Learning and FESS
|Event Date||28-09-2020 10:00|
|Event End Date||02-01-2022 12:00|
|Cut off date||01-01-2022 8:00|
|Location||Online (Link to material will be e-mailed)|