Example of Category Blog layout (FAQs/General category)
The Equality Task Group
- Created: Monday, 14 December 2009 10:36
- Last Updated: Monday, 23 February 2015 10:39
- Hits: 11127
During 2007 the Further Education Support Service (FESS) delivered an extremely well received programme of seminars on the theme of equality in further education.
To build on this experience and in response to provider demand, in January 2009 FESS entered a phase of resource development for the implementation of equality processes directly related to the requirements of the provider's quality assurance agreement and to be of assistance to providers in meeting their legislative obligations.
To facilitate this resource development phase an Equality Task Group was established by the FESS. The FESS Equality Action Planning Framework was launched in the Equality Authority, Dublin on Wednesday 14 October 2009.
FESS would like to acknowledge and thank the members of the task group for facilitating and contributing to this process:
• Carol Baxter, Head of Development, Equality Authority
• Siobhan Cluskey, Equality & Disability Officer, Co. Wicklow VEC
• Crona Gallagher, Adult Education Officer, Co. Donegal VEC
• Mary Gannon, Education for Reconciliation, City of Dublin VEC Curriculum Development Unit
• Virgo Hynes, QA Co-ordinator, Co. Wexford VEC
• Deirdre Keyes, Co. Dublin VEC Education Officer, Representing Irish Vocational Education Association
• Pat O' Mahony, Education & Research Officer, Irish Vocational Education Association
• Marie Rooney, County Co-ordinator for Research & Policy, Co. Dublin VEC
• Members of the Further Education Support Service (FESS)
If you would like to read the speeches delivered at the launch please click on the relevant link:
Pictured at the launch of the FESS Equality Action Planning Framework at the Equality Authority Dublin
Front Row, Left to Right; Stefania Minervino, Development Officer, Equality Authority; Carol Baxter, Head of Development, Equality Authority; Miriam O' Donoghue, Manager, FESS; Mary Gannon, Education for Reconciliation, CDVEC Curriculum Development Unit;
Back Row, Left to Right; Crona Gallagher, Adult Education Officer, Co Donegal VEC; Siobhan Magee, FESS; Marie Rooney, Co-ordinator for Research and Policy, Co Dublin VEC; Virgo Hynes, Quality Assurance Co-ordinator, Co Wexford VEC; Renee Dempsey, Chief Executive Officer, Equality Authority.
|Renee Dempsey, Chief Executive Officer, Equality Authority, below and right, addresses the audience at the launch of the FESS Equality Action Planning Framework|