Example of Section Blog layout (FAQ section)
Know the assessment requirements of your programme
- Created: Tuesday, 01 December 2009 11:44
- Last Updated: Tuesday, 14 July 2015 12:24
- Hits: 4664
It is important that teachers/tutors become thoroughly familiar with the assessment requirements of your provider's validated programme, in particular the validated programme module.
Specific information and guidelines relating to how to assess your Learners can be found in the assessment section of the provider's validated programme/programme module
At Levels 1, 2 and 3, learners are graded as Successful (S) or else the work is Referred (R) back to the learner until the standard is achieved.
At Levels 4, 5 and 6, Learners are graded as follows:
- Distinction (D) for achieving 80% - 100%
- Merit (M) for achieving 65% - 79%
- Pass (P) for achieving 50% - 64%
- Unsuccessful (U) for achieving 49% or less
Please refer to the QQI Quality Assuring Assessment Guidelines for Providers, Revised 2013, pages 22 - 23 for grading criteria.